Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 September 2011

Kent East Coast, 25.9.11

After a few weeks break for various un-avoidable reasons, it was the first chance I'd had to try Joe Sepi's favourite Kent  mark. Knowing JS was in Dorset I thought I'd have the place to myself, and so it was until Joes mate Tony turned up. Tony pointed me to the various hotspots, but none of them produced on the day. With an increasing wind colouring the water and the Indian Summer conditions things didn't look good.

Coming to the back end my first season my new ability to read the water for myself, and the confidence gained from fishing with experts has certainly increased my catch rate. So it wasn't a total surprise that choosing a spot for myself and switching to the smaller 77 Hot Shad Zonk resulted in a solid hookup.
With the fish taking line against a tightish drag I thought it would be twice the size of its 2.5lb, but a Bass is a Bass and I was more than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment