Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 October 2014

Back in Kent

With Joe and Mark away in Eire, a break in the weather today with wind forecast at 5MPH westerly, I thought a shore mark may have cleared sufficiently. The wind was more like 15MPH, the water was just the wrong side of clear and I nearly turned around and walked back to the car.

Glad I didn't as after an hour I had this little schoolie, at around 1.5lb on a white waveworm 5 meters from the shore.


Working my way back to the car I had a fish on for around 20 seconds having taken the Vulture. When it come off I cast out again and as the lure reached the exact point it was intercepted on the previous cast, again it was taken, by this 3 pounder. Nothing moved in the area for the next 10 minutes which re-enforced my belief that it was the same fish that took me a second time. Considering the bend it put in the rod the first time, theres no doubt it knew it was hooked, yet up it came again. Must have been starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment